Open position: Director of Marketing
Job Location: Lake Oswego, OR
Position Status: Full-time, Exempt
Required Education: Bachelor's degree
About Lightspeed Aviation
Entrepreneurial and customer-obsessed, Lightspeed has become a leader in the realm of wearable technology for pilots by operating with a simple strategy: know your customer well and remain committed to relentless product evolution that expands performance to the edge of technological possibilities. This approach allowed Lightspeed to enter the aviation headset market already the innovation leader and allows us to set the standard for what is possible in the categories in which we compete. It's also a big part of why Lightspeed enjoys tremendous brand loyalty and is a company respected around the globe for its expertise and integrity.
Lightspeed strives to be a highly responsive and caring organization. To us, exercising high ethical standards and creating a culture where both customers and employees feel valued, vested, and heard is not a strategy, it's the Lightspeed Way.
The Director of Marketing will be hands-on, results-driven, and focused on transforming the Lightspeed customer, integrated marketing and digital strategies to design and execute our next surge of growth. As the leader of critical marketing functions, a successful candidate will arrive ready to work closely with executive leadership to build long-term strategic initiatives, share creative ideas and implement technical strategies to make Lightspeed the leading brand in our industry.
- Lead the team responsible for marketing, brand positioning and public relations
- Inspire innovative business transformation by focusing on prospect and customer relationships to enable engagement throughout the buyer's journey
- Create and execute an integrated traditional and digital marketing strategy including advertising, web content and design, marketing automation, personalization, tradeshow and event marketing, customer and community insight, and social media marketing
- Produce dynamic and targeted multi-channel marketing campaigns and growth initiatives, and coordinate with the team on execution
- Shape and refine the next phase of our ecommerce strategy to encourage onsite purchases
- Design a plan for nurturing Lightspeed's most important audiences, influencers and advocates to enhance relationships and encourage loyalty
- Establish support for dealers with content, design and offers that encourage them to promote Lightspeed products
- Monitor, analyze and communicate data to promote continuous marketing model refinement
- Supervise a small in-house team to create compelling, interesting, and innovative content that advances our business goals
- Write copy for the website, social media and press releases, clearly promoting Lightspeed's voice and story
- 10+ years marketing leadership experience in a consumer-oriented product category
- An undergraduate degree in a related field; MBA preferred
- Experience building relationships with prospects and customers while balancing online and offline customer acquisition and retention, paid and earned media, event marketing, social media marketing and email marketing
- Experience leading successful initiatives collaboratively across teams and with external agencies
- Experience with managing a website redesign, including content and design updates as well as CMS management
- Strong background in implementing and managing marketing automation tools, including nurture strategies, lead scoring and email workflows
- Exemplary spoken and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and team leadership skills
- Critical thinker who can build strategy, drive creative process and solve problems
- Exceptional analytical and financial skill set with budget management experience
- Passion for working in a small, entrepreneurial company in the aviation industry
For more information or to apply for this position send your résumé to YourFuture@LightspeedAviation.com with "Director of Marketing position" in the subject line.