NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. No purchase or payment is necessary to enter or win. Purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Odds of winning are dependent on the total number of entries received during any individual sweepstakes period.
1. Eligibility: Lightspeed Aviation Garmin inReach Explorer+ Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years old at the time of entry. Employees of Lightspeed Aviation, Inc. ("Lightspeed") and affiliate companies, suppliers as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. If any of these rules are found void under any state or other law, then all of the rest of the rules remain valid and in effect. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Lightspeed's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sweepstakes Periods: the Sweepstakes begins 05/19/17at 12:00 a.m. PST and ends 06/15/17 at 11:59:59 p.m. PST and is divided into four (4) Sweepstakes Periods:
3. How to Enter: All Lightspeed Zulu 3 headset registrations made during a Sweepstakes Period will generate an automatic entry for that period, using the purchaser's registration information, including name, phone, address, and email address, to complete the entry form.
Alternate method of entry: a participant can enter without registering a headset by completing the online entry form. Print, complete and submit the entry form (including a valid home address — P.O. boxes are not permitted) using any of the following methods:
Once we receive the complete and legible entry form, you will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes for the sweepstakes period that is active when the entry is received.
All potential winners are subject to verification before any Prize will be awarded.
Limit: Each participant is eligible to receive one entry during each Sweepstakes Period, regardless of number of headsets registered or online forms submitted. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's plays/entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Lightspeed is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected registrations, which will be disqualified. Potential winners may be required to show proof of eligibility.
4. Selection of potential winners: Lightspeed will randomly select one (1) potential winner from all eligible entries submitted during an individual Sweepstakes Period on or around 10:00 am on the Wednesday following the close of that same sweepstakes period.
5. ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY LIGHTSPEED, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT'S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. LIGHTSPEED WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS.
6. Verification of Potential Winners: Potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Each potential winner will be notified by mail, email or phone. Each potential Prize winner will be required to sign and return a Publicity Release (except where prohibited), which must be received by Lightspeed within ten (10) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her Prize (if applicable). If a potential winner of any Prize cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the Publicity Release within the required time period (if applicable), or Prize is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner forfeits the Prize. In the event that the potential Prizewinner is disqualified for any reason, Lightspeed will award the Prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. All alternate potential winners are subject to all requirements set forth in these Official Rules. Only three (3) alternate winners will be selected after which Prize will remain un-awarded.
7. Prize: The Prize winner will receive a new Garmin inReach Explorer+, valued at $449.99 and an annual "Recreation" level satellite subscription, valued at $319.35. The total prize package is valued at $769.34.
For All Prizes: All Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at Lightspeed's sole discretion. Lightspeed reserves the right to substitute a Prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated Prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with Prize receipt and/or use. TOTAL APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE OF ALL PRIZES IN THE SWEEPSTAKES: $3077.36.
8. Release: By receipt of any Prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Lightspeed Aviation, Inc. and affiliate companies, suppliers, distributors, and advertising/promotion agencies, as well as each such company's officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt, use, or misuse of any Prize.
9. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner's consent to provide Lightspeed with photos, videos, and/or stories (written or verbal) of their use of their Prize and consents to Lightspeed's use of winner's name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
10. General Conditions: Lightspeed reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Lightspeed's reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Lightspeed in its sole discretion. In such event, Lightspeed reserves the right to award the Prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Lightspeed reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Lightspeed reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Lightspeed's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason, Lightspeed, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the Prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of Prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of Prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Lightspeed reserves the right to award only the stated number of Prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible Prize claims.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by a state or federal court located in Portland, Oregon; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Lightspeed in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Oregon, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Oregon or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Oregon.
14. Winners List: To receive a list of the winners, send a stamped self-addressed envelope to: Lightspeed Aviation, Attn: Winners List, 6135 Jean Road, Lake Oswego, Oregon 97035 within sixty (60) days of expiration of the final Sweepstakes Period.
15. Rules Request: For a copy of these official rules, send a legal-size, self-addressed, stamped envelope to Lightspeed Aviation, Attn: Official Rules, 6135 Jean Road, Lake Oswego, Oregon 97035. Vermont residents may omit return postage with Official Rules requests.
16. Sponsor: Lightspeed Aviation, Inc., 6135 Jean Road, Lake Oswego, Oregon 97035