The Lightspeed Survival Gear Kit has most of the tools you’ll need to ensure your safety and rescue after an off-airport landing. Covering the basics of shelter, fire, water, first aid and rescue, we have strategically created this survival kit for pilot safety.
Here are the details of what’s inside:
Survival Gear Kit bag
This lightweight, water repellent survival gear kit is small enough to fit in your flight bag. This military-style bag is made of a durable canvas and comes with multiple pockets, straps, and Velcro pouches to accommodate all of the essential supplies you’ll need.
- Water: Comes with water purifying AquaTabs and a collapsible plastic cup
- Fire: This fire-starting kit comes with 25 stormproof matches with spare strikers and an indestructible waterproof case. A paracord bracelet also comes with a compass, whistle, and flint striker
- Shelter: 5 yards of all-purpose, pocket-sized Duct tape, 5×7-foot Reflective Blanket which can double as a tarp
- First Aid: Chapstick, sunscreen, Tecnu skin cleanser for poison ivy and oak oils and Cala-Gel anti-itch lotion, bug repellant band, and nitrile gloves
- Rescue: Glow sticks, a signaling mirror
Multi-Tool Survival Shovel
The centerpiece of the emergency Aviation Survival Gear Kit, this versatile tool has a serrated edge for cutting branches for firewood or sheet metal for shelter. You can dig for freshwater or use it as a wrench or nail puller. Plus, it includes 9.5 feet of nylon rope and attaches to the main survival bag in its own protective sheath.
Survival Checklist Deck
The Aviation Survival Checklist Deck is a reference guide made up of 22 informational 4×6 cards with simple-to-follow checklists to help keep you on target until help arrives. Topics include first aid, fire, water, shelter, basic knots, and mental toughness tips!
Crafted with the assistance of aviation experts to ensure you get the benefit of applicable information and tips, this compact deck is a valuable resource for you or your passengers. In a time of crisis, these clear and simple instructions will guide the novice survivalists with basic instructions to stay alive until help arrives.